Sunday, March 19, 2017

Tech and Software

As I embark on the production aspect of my short film I will be utilizes various pieces of technology and software in order to create the final project. This post is going to be a breakdown of the most important pieces of technology that will aid me on my journey.



Blogger
They most obvious resource would be Blogger! Blogger is the site I use to create my blog and all the posts within it (including this one). It is an amazing tool that allows me to document all the work that I do in real time. It is also a great way to share extra information about my portfolio project and all the work that goes into it.





iPhone 7 Plus
As a student I don't have access to professional cameras or any fancy equipment, but that doesn't mean I can't shoot quality footage. Smartphone technology has advanced tremendously over the years, especially in regard to the cameras. The iPhone 7 Plus offers a duel lens camera which shoots beautifully clear and crisp video. The cameras have become so good that some people   even choose to film entire projects with them. The phone is small, light, and portable, making it unique compared to many of the other industry standard cameras.



Final Cut Pro
No matter how good your footage is, its nothing without good editing. I will be editing my short film using Final Cut Pro. When I first started creating films and other projects I used iMovie, but as my skill and my needs grew, my software had to change with me. With Final Cut Pro I am able to make a clean, professional looking short film.




Photoshop
I will be using Photoshop when it comes to the creation of my postcard. Photoshop allows my to manipulate images and crop things together to form one cohesive piece. I am familiar with the program and have been using it for years so I am quite confident that I will be able to create a spectacular postcard with it.






Wix
Wix is a site that builds websites. It is the site that I am using to create the website for my short film. With Wix I can customize everything from the background to the layout, which is extremely helpful when trying to make an informative and eye-catching website. The website is a critical component of the overall project, so I want it to be as good as it can get.

Technology plays a big role within the media, especially the constant innovation associated with it. As technology changes and improves, so does the media. I want to take advantage of the technological resources around me so that, as a creator, I can also continue to grow and change.

No comments:

Post a Comment