Sunday, March 26, 2017

Website Startup

One of the main components of this portfolio project is the website for my short film. To create this website I will be using a site called Wix. With Wix I am able to completely customize my site and part of the reason I choose to work with Wix was its simplicity, it also helps that I have used it before so I am familiar with how it works.

I want my short film, website, postcard, and blog to follow the same aesthetic to really emphasize the fact that they are all connected. I can achieve this by using a universal color palette and images that connect visually. The ultimate goal for my website is to provide behind the scenes information about my short, how and where to watch it, and to promote the short overall.


The photo above is the template from which I will be working from. One of the great tools that Wix offers is the amazing templates from which you can further customize your site. I can add both pictures and video in order to make it eye-catching and engaging. I not only want my site to be informative, but I want it to beautiful and interesting to look through.



I have only just begun to construct my website, so there isn't much there yet, but as I continue to work on my short film I will continue to add to my website. It is extremely important that the two fit together and seem to be cohesive. A website is important not only to help market a piece, but to further engage audiences and encourage them to continually connect with the work.

No comments:

Post a Comment