Sunday, April 9, 2017

EROS Preview

My short film EROS is going to be distributed primarily through local film festivals. This means that the short will not be able to view online right away, nor will it be released into theaters. As a way to build up some hype for my short I will be posting a short preview of the first 30 seconds or so of my short film. The preview will feature the beginning of EROS right up until the title card. This preview will act as a sort of 'trailer' for my short film.

In my experience these types of previews have been used mainly for television. In order to gather attention for the premiere of a new series or seasons, some shows will release the first 5 minutes, so that when people see it, they are more inclined to go and view the entire episode. But, most recently, I saw this technique used to promote The Ghost in the Shell. The studio released the first 5 minutes online as a way to give audiences a sneak peak of the film.


This technique is a great way to draw in audiences, especially when it comes to a piece that will not be available online. Instead of ignoring the online market, I want to use the popularity of social media to my advantage when it comes to promoting EROS. In the case of my short film, people would see my preview online and then therefore be more likely to go and watch it. In the long run I would eventually be making EROS available online, so the preview would also aid in advertising the digital release. And as a low-budget creator this is a great way to advertise without spending extra time and money to produce a trailer.


Sources: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghost_in_the_Shell_(2017_film)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlXuACzsPcw

No comments:

Post a Comment