Friday, April 14, 2017

The Final Countdown

It is officially almost the end the last week. Six weeks ago I was just beginning my journey with simply an idea and 7 weeks to bring it to life. Now all my hard work is almost complete. At this stage in the process everything is nearly complete. With a few final touches on the website and postcard, and some last minute edits on my short film, I will using these last few days to perfect everything and make sure I've produced the best work I can. I also just need to finish recording my creative critical reflection, which I plan to complete tomorrow.

Almost two months ago now, EROS was merely a thought, an idea that came to me in the middle of the night. Now EROS is a reality, an actual short film that I created. I have never before created a complete short film, so this was an amazing learning experience. Even though I know its only a project and it won't go on the win Best Picture, I'm proud of what I've created because I was able to take a small idea that lived only in my head and turn it into something that I can watch and share with others. There is no feeling quite like that of having created something, having produced something from nothing.

This is my last post before I share the final products of the portfolio project. It feels thrilling to be nearly done, but also bittersweet because it has become part of my daily routine and it will be strange to not be working on it whenever I find myself with some free time. But, as they say, all good things must come to an end (sorry, that was cheesy, wasn't it?). So I bid you all farewell and I hope you enjoy EROS.

No comments:

Post a Comment