Saturday, April 8, 2017

Preparing the CCR

The creative critical reflection is the last main component of this project. Through the CCR I will be reflecting and evaluating all my work thus far. The CCR is also guided by 4 main questions:
1. How do your products use or challenge conventions and how do they represent social groups or issues?
2. How do the elements of your production work together to create a sense of ‘branding’?
3. How do your products engage with the audience and how would they be distributed as real media products?
4. How did you integrate technologies – software, hardware and online – in this project?

Here are examples of the general direction I will be heading in for each question.

1. Here is where I will be talking all about my genre, which is a genre. For the most part I followed the general characteristics of the genre, which you can read more about in this post. I will also be discussing the conventions I both followed and challenged in terms of typical representation of couples and relationships. On one hand I followed the typical conventions within Cora's story. In her case, it was her boyfriend who was the 'dominate' one in the relationship and she relieved heavily on him. Cora is also shown to be far my emotional than her now ex boyfriend, which follows typical tropes. On the other hand my character Ezra challenges many of the typical conventions. In his case his girlfriend was the one who held the power in the relationship and he was more dependent on her. He is also far more emotionally invested in the relaionship and he was never afraid to express his feeling to her.

2. Here I want to talk about by overall aesthetic. When creating all aspects of my project (the short film, website, and postcard) I wanted it to be explicitly clear that they all went together. One of the main concepts for this was the transition from a more dark and lonely atmosphere, to one that was bright and hopeful. This meant a lot of contrast between black and white. I want the change from dark to light to represent the character's development as they overcome obstacles that they face. The main image on my postcard is meant to symbolize where the story begins, the color palette is dark overall and feature cooler tones, but the warm lights above symbolize what could be in terms of a happy future. This directly correlates to particular scenes in my short film which will obviously connect the two. There is also the same aesthetic acheived in my website through incorporations of the same colors and tones, as well as more images.

3. As a short film I would distribute it primarily through local film festivals. As a new, low-budget director odds are I wouldn't be debuting my work at festivals like Sundance or Cannes, but I could get my work shown locally. Living in Florida there are a multitude of local festivals where I could have the opportunity to show EROS. I also created a short preview, which is available on the website, to act similarly to a trailer when it comes to promoting the short. There is also the postcard, which is a small, physical advertisement for the the short. The postcard will be distributed directly to audiences at film festivals as a way to draw in a crowd. Eventually, after the short has been showed in many festivals across a larger span of time, I will make it available to view online in order to reach a greater audience.

4. This entire project could not have been completed without the use of various pieces of technology and software. I used technology in every aspect of this project, including this very post. I did an entire post, which you can see here, where I broke down the different technologies that I would be using. In the CCR I will be going in to greater detail, as well as showing how I used them in real time.

To present my answers to these question I will creating a screen cast. With the screen cast I will be able to record what is happening on my computer screen in order to better exemplify what I will be talking about. I will be recording it both the audio and the visual using QuickTime and then editing it all together in Final Cut Pro.

As I am putting this final component together, I began to realize that this journey is nearing its end. It had been a long journey, but I am very excited for everything to finally come together and to have created something I can be proud of.


Sources: https://www.sundance.org/festivals/sundance-film-festivalhttp://www.festival-cannes.com/en/http://sofiaprietoshortfilm.blogspot.com/2017/03/tech-and-software.htmlhttp://sofiaprietoshortfilm.blogspot.com/2017/03/genre-research.html

No comments:

Post a Comment